The World’s Largest Fine Art Show, Artexpo New York, Announces 2017 Interactive Programming
-Four-day experience featuring extraordinary fine art, seminars, live demonstrations, and more-
NEW YORK (March 31, 2017) – Artexpo New York, the annual juried art show taking place April 21–24 at Pier 94 in the heart of New York City, announces its lineup of interactive programming, including Art Talks, Meet the Artist sessions, live demonstrations, Art Labs, the Spotlight Artist Program, the Topics & Trends Educational Series, and more. This year’s show will once again host more than 400 exhibitors, representing over 1,000 art publishers, gallery owners, and artists from around the globe.
These programs provide a dynamic experience for attendees to view and interact with site-specific works and performance pieces by leading international artists.
The Spotlight Artist Program offers a focused look at several cutting-edge artists and galleries. This year, the artists selected are Paul Brandejs (Toronto, Ontario, Canada), Dwight Baird (Montreal, Quebec, Canada), Vlad Korol (Paris, France), Junaid Sénéchal-Senekal (Knysha, Garden Route, South Africa) and Diane Fontaine (Gatineau, Quebec, Canada).
TOPICS & TRENDS EDUCATIONAL SERIES
The Topics & Trends Educational Series comprises four days of complimentary seminars and conference classes offering expert perspectives on subjects ranging from art and the economy, small business management, and art marketing to social media for artists, design and decor trends, and more. This year’s topics include:
· Six Spheres of Success
· From Conception to Customer: Extending Sales By Maintaining A Vision
· The Journey of a Working Artist
· The Hidden Path of the Career Artists
· 60 Tips in 60 Minutes
· Elements of Design
· Getting the Right Color in Art Reproduction
· Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Ardmore Ceramic Art
· Secrets of the Art World
· Understanding Art Licensing
· Celebrating Sculpture
Art Talks offer attendees an inside look at the artistic experience by way of panel discussions, conversations, and provocative artistic discourse with leading artists, curators, designers, gallerists, and art-industry professionals.
MEET THE ARTIST AND LIVE DEMONSTRATIONS
Meet the Artist sessions immerse the audience with the artists, giving them the opportunity to learn about each artist’s inspiration, story, and medium. In many cases, the artist also does a live demonstration, creating his or her next work of art.
Art Labs feature special curated projects by leading galleries, art institutions, and art collectives within the show.
· ART LAB 1: South African Art Collective
Sponsored by the South African Department of Small Business Development and its desire to support the creative industries through market access platforms, the South African Art Collective Art Lab will showcase creative diversity, while supporting the goals of development and access in an expanded marketplace for the artists. Get the chance to meet four of the artists from the Collective: Pauline Mazibuko, Ephia Mmbidi, Azael Langa, and Majolandile Dyalvane—and watch as Langa and Dyalvane create their next piece of work.
· ART LAB 2: [PLATFORM] Artist of the Year Awards
See the full display of the winner and finalists of the [PLATFORM] Artist of the Year contest. Besides seeing the artwork of the Artist of the Year, Kevin Grass, the winner of the Popular Vote will be announced.
See the unveiling of the winning original artwork of this year's Artexpo New York Poster Challenge, Worlds Unite by Juan Luis Perez. Born in Havana, Cuba, in 1970, Perez is a self-taught artist who has lived all over the world, including Spain, France, Italy, Argentina, Brazil, and the United States. Having immersed himself in many different cultures, Perez has a unique perspective on the human experience and strives to explore people’s commonalities and differences in his work. The Poster Challenge theme for 2017 was "Harmony" and the contest garnered more than 400 entries.
GLOBAL EXHIBITOR BASE
Artexpo New York truly has an international exhibitor base, highlighting artists and galleries from around the globe, including Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan and Venezuela…just to name a few!
SHOW PARTNERS & SPONSORS
· Airbus Corporate Jets: With a special installation from artists Berndnaut Smilde and RJ Muna, the Airbus Corporate Jets brand comes alive in the Artexpo VIP Lounge. The artists’ Nimbus Collection is a representation of the ACJ audience’s world: no borders, no barriers, no limits, the sky as freedom. It’s an invitation to join the world above the world. Learn more and meet artist RJ Muna in the Artexpo VIP Lounge throughout the show.
· Maison Louis Jadot: One of the most renowned Burgundy Houses is a platinum sponsor of the show and the exclusive wine sponsor. Visit the Louis Jadot Lounge at the end of rows 700 and 800 to sample an array of varietals during all show hours. Full pours will be exclusively served during the Opening Night Preview Party on Friday, April 21, from 4 p.m.— 8 p.m.
For more information on Artexpo New York, please visit www.artexponewyork.com.
Friday, April 21 – Monday, April 24, 2017
Opening Night Preview Party
Friday, April 21, 2017 | 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. (Open to all attendees)
Open Show Days:
Friday, April 21, 2017 | 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. (TRADE DAY)
Saturday, April 22, 2017 | 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, April 23, 2017 | 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday, April 24, 2017 | 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Free art wrapping station for purchases)
711 12th Ave (55th Street & the West Side Highway)
New York, NY 10019-5399
· MULTI-DAY PASS: $40 | Valid for entire event: Friday’s Opening Preview Party and Saturday through Monday
· OPENING NIGHT PREVIEW PARTY: $20 | Valid for Friday’s Opening Preview Party
· GENERAL ADMISSION: $20 | Valid for one admission: Saturday, Sunday, or Monday
· SENIOR ADMISSION (ages 60+): $15.00 | Valid for one admission: Saturday, Sunday, or MondaySTUDENT ADMISSION (Middle and High School/College—ID Required): $15 | Valid for one admission: Saturday, Sunday, or Monday
· Children aged 12 and under get in FREE
About Redwood Media Group
Since 2009, Redwood Media Group (RMG) has been revolutionizing the global fine art community by helping artists and gallery owners grow their businesses through fine art exhibitions and publications, art business education, mentoring, marketing, and social media. Today, RMG owns and operates six fine art shows: Artexpo New York, Spectrum Miami, Art San Diego, Spectrum Indian Wells, Art Santa Fe, and Red Dot Miami. Artexpo New York, the world's largest fine art trade show for 39 years and counting, attracts more than 30,000 art enthusiasts every year, including 5,000 industry buyers. Spectrum Miami and Red Dot Miami attract more than 40,000 art aficionados during Miami Art Week, an annual attraction that draws over 100,000 art collectors to the city. Over the past eight years, RMG has welcomed hundreds of thousands of visitors to their events, sold millions of dollars' worth of art, and helped thousands of unrepresented and established artists launch or grow their careers. Aside from hosting multiple high-end art shows throughout the year, RMG also owns Art Business News, an art industry publication.
For more information, visit: